The good news I'm almost scared to write, and the meh news of my own.

Shut the front door, we have had 4 good days... like more good than bad.  I wish I could tell you specifically what caused it, but alas, this impatient mama doesn't always follow perfect scientific method.  You're supposed to change one thing at a time so you can tell what worked. But once my Buhner herbs came in the mail, I changed it all basically.  Again, note that our provider knew what my plans were and blessed it.  I don't do anything without discussing it with our care team.

What for sure we added: scutellaria, salvia, licorice root, guo tang, Eleuthera, guaiacum, tryptophan, l-acetyl carnitine, extra magnesium, kali phos, and biomedic salts from Hylands.  The first 6 are tinctures.  Tryptophan, magnesium and carnitine are capsules.  The last two are homeopathic remedies.

The first night, John's mood was greatly improved.  As I was helping him do his Spanish homework, we got to translating "winner, winner chicken dinner."  He got the giggles with the sound of "ganador, ganador, cena de pollo."  I know every mom loves hearing their kids giggle, but when that joyous noise has been missing for long periods of time, that sweet sound is all the sweeter.  We stayed up later than we should have because we were just enjoying each other laughing.  Thank you, God, for that gift.

He woke up rough the next morning.  He was supposed to go to our homeschool co-op, with a 9:15am departure from home, but he couldn't get going.  I drove Patrick to school, and Paul agreed to bring John after lunch.  What a treat to see him walk in.  He looked like a million bucks by lunch time.  He said he did feel bad at first, but then took his supplements and took a shower, and that was all it took.  Woohoo!  He had a great day at school, and even showed one of his teachers that he can be spunky, sarcastic, and witty.  She loved it.  He's taking a leadership class, and it's been a stretch because he's been too sick to lead, and the youngest kid in the family.  He has zero leadership experience.  But his teacher has encouraged him, and won't take any excuse for not trying to be a role model and leader.  It's been such a blessing.

The weekend has been more of the same... feeling really good mentally.  There has still been some joint pain, but he doesn't focus on it.  He was so bad he would breathe audibly through the pain, but that hasn't happened since the switch.  He doesn't even mention the pain - but will say he has some if I ask.  This is hugely improved.  He also reported that the fatigue also has improved a little.  I'm so excited.

I am almost scared to write this because I know Lyme is a dance.  Two steps forward, 1 step back.  Sometimes, it's not 2 forward 1 back, but more like 4 back, 1 forward, 3 back.. lots of backwards sometimes.  We've felt like we have been going backwards since FAR Clinic.  I know there might be a step back, but now that I see we can move forward, I don't want to go back.  Ever.  That's not really reasonable, I know.  But still... my boy is coming back to me, and it's the best feeling ever.

So, what's the meh news?  I have had a mole on my face, below my eye, for as long as I can remember.  Last Thursday, it looked different - almost like a pimple.  No way have I had a pimple for 30 some years.  Knowing that skin changes on moles just aren't usually a good thing, I treated myself with bloodroot salve.  I've worked with BS before, both on Bigdog (under vet supervision) and on myself (under zero supervision).  It's removed several cancerous spots before, so I wasn't concerned.  I just put a little on.. and waited.  BS *only* reacts to abnormal cells/cancerous tissue.  If it reacts, you're already handling it.  If it doesn't, good news and peace of mind.  It was maybe 30 minutes before I could feel the similar tingle to using Oxyclean as a teenager with acne (before I knew better).  I wiped it off and saw a reaction had indeed began.  I applied again, and kept it on for 3 hours before wiping it off, covering it with healing balm, and then bandaging.

I really should have thought about the timing of this application.  The carpe diem in me decided to go for it without much thought.  After it reacted came the thoughts of "oops, you have to teach spin class the next day" "you have to take your mom out for her birthday the next day" and "you have to teach 3 high school co-op classes in 2 days" and "you scheduled family photos in 5 days."  Did I ever tell you I was impatient?  (reread the top if you missed it).

Today was the photos day.  I took a look at my mole area.  There was a lot of dry skin that I had to remove in order to properly apply make-up.  The salve is forming an eschar as expected (basically, the salve reacts to the cancer, draws it out, and eventually releases in the form of a moist scab-like eschar).   When the eschar releases in 1-3 weeks, hopefully there is a clean wound.  If there is any white left, that means there is more to remove.  I would then wait until it heals some, and then reapply.  You never want to reapply to a fresh wound.  I learned that the first time I did it.  Holy buckets of pain, batman.  When you are done, there should be minimal scarring.

I don't believe in Western medicine's answer to cancer.  Research the history of chemotherapy.  Check out Chris Wark's 20 questions for your oncologist.  Watch The Truth About Cancer series.  Know what you will do before you are diagnosed.  The worse thing you can do is go into a health crisis uninformed, and then trying to frantically research under the pressure of the diagnosis.  My belief is that if God put cancer and Lyme on this planet, He put the cures here too.  Mankind is often so arrogant thinking they can create expensive cures in a lab that are better than what we already have under our noses if we would only look for them.  Personally, I think the cancer industry is all about separating people from their money.  More people are dying of cancer treatments than of cancer, and it's wrong.  

Anyhow, maybe if I'm brave, I'll post pics of my mole-less face once I'm done treating.  Funny, posting a picture of myself I consider brave, but not treating myself for cancer.  That's a kick in the pants.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biopterin Pathway

Ferritin Issues, Dirty Genes and Fermented Wheat Germ Extract

Letting go, dumbest thing ever, and more